Monday, May 11, 2009

Ragamuffin

I've just finished reading Brennan Manning's book "the furious longing of God". It made my soul sing. Manning the ragamuffin theologin his words made me feel not so lonely. And I've been too sad and tired with Karma gone to want to be creative at least until now. And its been silly because I've tried to purge my creativity from myself or hide it away because of an unsual longing to be understood. But God has always understood. And I find a reveling joy in poetry and art and music. I want to trade my fear and trembling in for peaceful abiding. I find that God talks more often to us than we realize. It's a matter of listening. On being ready to really, really listen. I found it odd that God gave me a word for someone who had been counseling me for over a year. I found it odd that sunday's message was on the power of God working through story. I also found it odd that they asked for people who beleived that they were called to speak about Jesus to every corner of the world. I am not a missionary but I felt lead to come and recieve prayer. The Holy Spirit fell on me and I swayed once trying not to fall. Usually the invitations for prayer at the end of the service are just not for me. This heart its wide open.

No comments: