Friday, May 8, 2009

Manifesto

I think a part of me has forgotten the equation of God. I read these little pieces of my heart written down here and its some sort of beautiful madness. I have a ridiculous love for alliteration for one thing. I have a rhythm to my soul that's deeper than a muddy river and sad and solidly sweet all at once like honey dripping off a too salty twisted pretzel. And I wonder what is God gonna do with all this inside of me? I am dramatic and dynamic and I want to be a Michelangelo? What? Really? Ahh broken jealous, prideful heart. I imagine God laughing at me at this point. A gentle breath of God coming to me like in the book of Job first the earthquake and then the whisper of God. Good thing he still calls me friend. I filled with the want and chase of earthly desires and at the same time with the want of God. It becomes a merry merry go round. So here is my manifesto:

I will choose God even if it breaks my upside down heart.
I will trust God. Again. And Again.
I will wait on God. Again. And Again.
I will love. Again. And Again.
I will begin to believe every part of me was made for a purpose.
I will let God rule my creativity instead of it ruling me.
I will not give up. Even when I fail. Again. And Again.
I will laugh more.
I will be more thankful.
I will not let fear move me.
I will live up to my inheritance in God and light up the sky like a star.
I will sing.
I will write only when I feel inspired too and am able to pour my whole heart and joy into the work. I will believe that God is in whatever I'm working on.