Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Getting the stars out of my head....

I get tangled up in thistled thorns and find myself walking through low burning brush fires. There is ash falling like snow as I move towards sun ripened gardens. And it feels like stars are bursting in the back of my brain somewhere. I beleive the universe marches with all the precision and elegance of a gilded pocket watch. Then symphonies start to comply as I walk past sparrows. I keep wishing I could ask Monet how he caught the light and wonder if I should dare put my hand to the same tasks. I can't draw anything so satysfying nor do I have the patience for the process of things. The smooth stone of a moon set last morning with an orange etherial glow. And I think I need to gulp down new words or worlds either would suffice. I keep putting my words on a pedastal but they keep falling back down on me. Dear God I've been writing letters with a heavy red wax seal on them did the Angels tarry them off to your door? Why the imagination and no map, sealed letter or telephone call to follow it up? I keep remembering reading to Karma in the hospital and John whom both cried at the beauty of my stringed sentences. I need a tool kit out here in the wilderness. Some direction and assurance would be greatly appreciated. Let me breathe in art and build something. I don't care about my little ducks being in a row anymore just speak to me.

2 comments:

Nancy Scott Godfrey said...

I may have said this to you before. I don't think I've written it. Your pieces remind me of Toni Morrison's writing. I become so engrossed in the beauty of her word combinations that I often forget to follow the story line of her novels. I then have to go back and re-read whole sections, a joy in and of itself. I experience that same surprise and delight, that same desire to finger again and again the texture of the fabric you weave in these intricate, glorious self-revelations. Oh, how I wish you would write more! Miss you, Nancy

Lefty Sloane said...

No matter what you write, it sounds inspired. No matter what you're thinking, the bumps in the road, the pits, the mountains, the light days and especially the dark days, you reveal something to me.
Even if it is only feelings that I struggle to articulate.
And this is one I have been strangleholding lately.