Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Joy and Fireflies....

It seems I've been neglecting my blog lately. The cup of joy I drink from in this life is overflowing this last week. God only ever gives us anything that's good so...hear me worship in my steps and in the air rushing into song from my lungs and in the words I write down here.
Saturday we took Karma's sons to Cincinnati. We spent the day by the shimmering river. We went to the aquarium and pet sharks and ate cheeseburgers at Johnny Rockets then walked across the height of the bridge to a red's game. Their first baseball game where they watched the fireworks burst from 2 home runs. We drove home late and sung them modern lullaby's off the radio regarding fireflies and mountains climbed,while they slept in the car. It was a beautiful day. There were football cards and church and playing tag around the kitchen table. I sent my mother a string of pearls in the mail for her birthday and when she called me there was a tender trembling note of beauty in her voice that I'd never heard before. I wrote Karma's mother a long letter with a few gifts wanting to give her something beautiful to hold within her hands though I know my words moved her more. When I went to my viola lesson my teacher said that I was so in tune with the instrument that I was making it sing. I took Kim out to a fancy dinner with white table cloths and soft white light while we plotted out a novel about time travel on our table top. Michele wants to take me to see Chihully later this month and a camping trip is on the horizon with God loving and highly creative friends. I'm reading Larie R. King's O Jerusalem before I mail it to my father to read. He sent me a card with one of my favorite paintings by Monet on it. There was also the waitress I gave a ridiculous tip to and told her manager how wonderful she was. There has been rain this week but not in my heart.

K.L. Knight

3 comments:

from the royal fortress meadow said...

Sounds like a lovely week.
KP

Lefty Sloane said...

Yes.I like how you can take the grey and make it silver. I like how you take the silver and make it shiny.

Nancy Scott Godfrey said...

Joyful, joyful, Lord we adore thee! I see your spirit dancing. I hear the songs of your trembling love spiraling into Jesus' heart, prompting Him to sing along. You are an amazing daughter of Abba-Father!
Love you, NG