Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Winding Down...

Lately, I sing my hallelujahs while the sun is winding down and the stars begin to shine their crowns. I sing em while the angels are singing theirs upon the steps near God's balcony. So the resolute trees I know and the stumbling sandstone mountains and oceanic skies thrum praises as the angels worship with us.
I've been sifting through Mere Christianity and I like his concept of time. C.S. Lewis believed that since God lives outside the realm of time that all our moments on earth are happening at once. Today is tomorrow for us in the eyes of God. Our days happening faster than flipping pages in a new book. Now this concept may take a moment to fall into your heart because we think time is as a steady unbinding thing as the silver working gears on a grandfather clock.
I guess I've been feeling the waiting and the longing. You know the waiting for the when you'll ever get there. To heaven or the next task or the next movement of your beating heart. It feels relative to poets and the prophetic in little moments I think. I'm becoming older the more that I breathe and I haven't accomplished what I would have wished in this life yet. I have loved and I have watched sunsets and I've known God. And I'm finding my map isn't God's for me. I have to trust that ordinary days are deeply meaningful that the trials and the pressing, the whispered prayers and all the simple glorious blessings I take for granted are God's destiny for my life. God binds me to himself and takes hold of me even as the devil tries to deceive me into believing I'm forsaken or forgotten or only ordinary. The truth is we are all more extraordinary than any of us could ever dream. God's love makes us significant and it is impossible for me to deny that.

No comments: