Thursday, November 5, 2009

Wild Colts and Rivers of Jordan...

When Jack had stopped dreaming of roaming Gypsies...I dreamt of a wild, fiery colt and setting him free. I kept walking into different elegant rooms with high vaulted ceilings and white walls and mahogany furniture, leather chairs and crown molding and there would be this beautiful, sad, creature looking out the bay windows longing for the elegance of the sun and the pure joy of grass. I lifted my hands to touch the black coat and the long mane as if in slow motion, then before I knew it I was flinging wide doors open and setting him free. We ran past the garden, past the hedges and down a valley. Him all grace and strength. Me in wonder and happiness. The colt bucked once and stood on hind legs letting me know his joy as he flung his neck and dashed away rustling up the dust as he went. I smiled and awoke wondering if in heaven God would let me have a horse to ride like a lightening bolt. I've been writing steadily again though its pure silliness but I've found a heart for it and I rather like slinging my words around again even if the depth is not there at least its become fun.
The other day I kept thinking in poetry. The moon so full and bright hung in the sky while the sun rose. Two heavenly bodies clashing upon the same horizon. And I wondered why I toil so much when the world is bathed in such significance. I feel stretched sometimes trying to give myself to those who need me the most. I travel and work and wonder when my schedule will slow down...when I will slow down enough for me to fall deeply into God like falling into a river of Jordan.

1 comment:

Lefty Sloane said...

How do I get a house in your spiritual neighborhood? LOVE this.