Monday, August 17, 2009

Dreamscape

I have this recurring dream.

I'm walking down a dirt road into the fading sunset surrounded by golden fields of corn. I'm in bluejeans and I'm barefoot. I want for nothing and I have this beautifully carved guitar slung around my back with a thick leather strap. The guitar is a work of art it's carved and has this beautiful golden tone. I am usually singing as the sun sets in this dream of dreams. Its deeply peaceful. I wake up thinking the guitar should be a violin. And I think about Jack and wonder if somehow I'm a part of his wondering gypsies.

2 comments:

Jack Petersen said...

I've always thought of you as a gypsy. It's a good think.

J

Lefty Sloane said...

Yeah.... I see my self walking through the woods and I can hear the bells. I'm in a happy place thinking about gypsy wagons and horses and I think, maybe if I follow them long enough, they will invite me to ride and then I will cook for them!