Friday, February 27, 2009

Birthday...

I have this habit of celebrating my birthday's as if they were Christmas. I mean there is only one me and only one God who is the maker of me. Somehow I know he is celebrating and laughing and having joy and dancing and singing about this vagabond lightening child. Oh precious, precious child. I never feel that way half the time but I still know that its true. I'll go home and have dinner with friends far away, then have dinner with friends here, then my parents will visit and we'll have dinner and then my husband will take me out to dinner too. They're will be cake and phone calls and Grandmother's Birthday cards and my brother's "Hey, Happy Birthday." They're all happy somehow that I'm here able to just be me and give them me. I'm old...er today. Growing old with God, being still in love and holding on to God is a blessing more than I could have ever asked for. This year, is gonna be a year of jubilee...when you get back seven times what you lost. Propehetic and creative and peaceful and joyful seven times over and its only ever God. Best be watching out for this waterfall. I dunno how I know but I know. I dunno why but God...my good friend Jesus, closer than a brother Jesus, started talking to me last night before I was drifting off into sleep, and it was nothing but joy and goodness and blessing. I had made him happy in all my turmoil and sad and stumbling humanity and I don't really know how. I will raise my hands in the darkness, in the morning light, when the sun is rising and setting upon me. Tonight, my parents are visiting and were headed to Chicago to see all the museums, eat deep dish pizza and ride the subway. It will be terribly cold but this Birthday will be all warmth and hope and light.

No comments: