Sunday, April 27, 2008

Waking Up....

To the dreamers who are delirious and maddened by their dreaming and To the poets who are spinning out their words...words that are crashing in waves....creating that ceaseless wake of beautiful and melting into all those sojourn crystal-eyed castles we've all been steadily building. We've been building them in one form or another I suppose but I'm sure you already knew that. And I think its about time I came alive again and joined your eternal promise of song. I hear it as I walk barefoot amongst the little daffodils and when I can sense the Eye oF God leaning down from the heavens towards me. There are hallelujahs in the sound of the rain and there is a glory that's buried somewhere deep in this heart that's continually bending and beating that I can't quiet explain. Does your soul ever ache with the want of wanting God? Ahh this clothed humanity...I often wish I could spread these gilded golden thoughts like wings and fly right up to God's doorstep.

Lately, I've been wondering if God gave the Apostle Paul a beautiful, velvety voice so when he was in prison bruised and sore and aching he could have a measure of comfort in singing praises when the moon silently passed upon those broken nights. I think I'm finding a song here and its more wonderful than I ever knew too Paul. Brokenness always brings revelation and I think were all a little broken and a little lost and a little lonely at times. And so I wait on God...for whenever he comes to me...making the day new again...like he does and the sun like the stars are ever so diligent in their rising and falling and breathing and hanging around... reminding me how temporal the world is and how eternal I'm meant to be.

K.Knight

1 comment:

Jack Petersen said...

Nice post. Welcome to the club.

JB